Tuesday 23 June 2015

Think deeper!

I have finally register to Campaign to improve on my terrible score on Tony's quiz, and I have came across this beauty making noise at Cannes Lions by Grey London, check this video out!




This idea to advertise the brand Volvo on their strategy of safety, is clever for how it positions a car brand in support of cyclists on the dangerous roads at night, quiet a funny mix for its usually drivers vs cyclists, but also its a idea that helps the target market, not just a buy me, like a print ad for the latest iPhone.

To my point this Cannes Prix winner makes me feel what Tony told me at the interview, that I need to add more depth to my thinking, that means less being genetic, more being specific, finding a human truth, which in the case of Volvo's 'Life Paint', the problem that there are too many crashes with cyclist at night, solving it with invisible glow in the dark spay paint.

You spot a problem, you solve it, in the case its a truth, another example on the news the problem with immigrants hitching rides on lorries going over to England, a ad agency could create a solution to solve this problem in the process advertising a brand, lets say Michelin releases stinky tires, the oder scares away the immigrants grabbing onto the truck.

Product innovation is something I recall Crispin Porter Bogusky doing, like there idea for chicken fries to their client Burger King, but anyhow going a little off track.

A idea needs to be more then just benefit on safety, it has to go deeper into a problem, a human truth of whats going on, Grey London built that up with a unique angle on road safety for cyclists, quiet unusual for a car brand.

Tony saids I have shallow thinking in my work at the moment, thats because I only communicated 'safety' from the perspective of this idea I am using as reference, and thats it, I didn't go beyond considering cyclist safety, crash % etc.

Think deeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment